Reproductive Health in Nursing (RhN) began around a dining room table, the place that most important movements are started. As nurses who have been committed to advancing women’s sexual and reproductive health for over 40 years, our founding members recognized that our colleagues and students needed an opportunity to affirm their identity as nurses providing compassionate, woman-centered care, incorporating reproductive justice into our clinical practices.
We envision a world in which everyone has access to high quality sexual and reproductive health care, including abortion, and we know that there are nurses everywhere who are currently engaged in making that happen. We also know that there are many nursing students and new graduates who are looking for ways to make a difference in women’s lives, and are eager to join the nursing workforce with skills in sexual and reproductive health.
We hope that RhN can provide a home for all of us who are committed to patient-centered sexual and reproductive health care, and ensuring that this care is available to all women everywhere.
- Visibility of nurses in the SRH workforce
- Health Equity for all women to be able to access SRH services
- Collaboration across disciplines for high quality SRH care
- Innovation to ensure access and best practices in SRH care
- Service to our communities and colleagues
- Integrate tools, resources, and knowledge about nursing in SRH into a user-friendly platform
- Activate nurses involved in SRH care to advocate to protect access to women’s health
- Support and advance the efforts of nurses in SRH care to provide comprehensive care
- Create opportunities for advancing educational tools and resources for nurses in SRH care
- Challenge nurses to participate in greater involvement in SRH care and advocacy
- Advance SRH care and education at all levels of nursing practice
- Inspire nurses to become leaders in SRH care
- Construct a safe community for nurses in SRH care
- Investigate the role and skills of nurses in SRH care