Looking for an easy to use and professional manual blood pressure cuff? Here is our list of best sphygmomanometers for nurses…
Our Top Choices for Sphygmomanometers For Nurses
1. Paramed Aneroid Sphygmomanometer
- No stethoscope in the set: stethoscope is not included
- Keep track of your blood pressure: universal cuff (size 22-42cm) that is made of extra durable nylon,...
- Get reliable results: equipped with a prestige metal air needle valve with a smooth pressure relief regulation...
The best sphygmomanometer for nurses and medical students, the Paramed Aneroid Sphygmomanometer is a classic instrument designed to provide accurate readings of upper and lower pressure.
It’s designed for both individual and professional use and certified as accurate by the Food and Drug Administration.
Packing a host of interesting features for a manual instrument, this model brings unrivaled value for money. What we like most is the universal cuff size that fits both adults and children.
The cuff is adjustable from 9 to 16 inches, just what it takes to accommodate most arms. It’s made from durable nylon, and a comfortable Velcro strap with ring allows for easy one-hand fitting and adjustment.
Developed to deliver reliable results, it also boasts a zinc alloy body and an improved supercharger check valve with reticulated filter. This valve design prevents dust from clogging the device, while the metal air needle allows for a smooth pressure relief regulation.
The pressure gauge not only has large numbers and is easy to read; it also has a clip that allows you to conveniently attach it to the cuff. Furthermore, the cuff is equipped with a D-loop that further secures the gauge.
Super-easy to use, the unit has been clinically tested and is made exclusively from hypoallergenic materials. Neatly packed in a carrying case, it’s also lightweight and portable. No doubt, a reliable instrument that shouldn’t miss the nursing kit of any medical student or professional.
2. ADC Prosphyg 768 Pocket Aneroid
- ACCURATE: Precision-crafted 300mmHg manometer; exceeds ANSI/AAMI/ISO 81060-1 specifications for accuracy and...
- COMPLETE: Pocket-style sphyg includes cuff, manometer, and color-matched, dual-pocket oversized carrying case.
- OPTIMIZED: Adult nylon Adcuff fits limbs from 9" to 15.7". Adcuffs offer Size Guide marking system to prevent...
Part of ADC’s 760 series, the Prosphyg 768, is an excellent choice for nurses looking for high-quality instruments at an affordable price. This Japanese sphygmomanometer packs reliability and convenience. It’s meticulously constructed from premium quality materials, including a hypoallergenic cuff and flexible latex inflation bladder and bulb.
The proprietary size guide marking on the cuff makes it easy to prevent miss-cuffing – a great feature for students or inexperienced nurses.
But these are not the only interesting features. The true highlight is the cuff inflation system with a chrome-plated brass air release valve. Micro-threads on the valve allow for precise deflation control, while big digits on the pressure gauge dial allow for easy reading.
While the cuff doesn’t allow for as much wiggle room when it comes to sizes, you’ll be pleased to know that you can choose from six available sizes. This is particularly useful if you work in a pediatric ward and need a sphygmomanometer specifically sized for infants or children.
You can also choose from a variety of different colors for each size. For example, the adult cuffs come in 17 colors and print options.
Regardless of your choice, the instrument comes packed in a color-matched dual pocket carry case and is backed by a 20-year calibration guarantee. What else could you wish for such an affordable price point?
3. EMI Sprague Rappaport Stethoscope and
- This kit comes with a PURPLE Sprague Rappaport Stethoscope and Blood Pressure Monitor with carrying case
- A quality stethoscope from Elite Medical Instruments, a trusted American brand. Est. 2005 | Based out of...
- A versatile stethoscope that includes an Accessories Pouch with Extra Eartips, Diaphragms and Bells Tube....
This sphygmomanometer and Sprague Rappaport stethoscope kit is not the most suitable for nurses, but it’s a great choice for nursing students. Its greatest strength is the unbeatable price, but you just can’t expect the reading accuracy of a higher-end instrument.
That said, the NK-330 model by Elite Medical Instruments still brings excellent value for money.
Nursing and medical students in their first years can make great use of all products included, learning how to properly use a nurse stethoscope and how to read the blood pressure.
The aneroid sphygmomanometer has a resistant nylon cuff – which is slightly too tight considering its adult size – with index ranging markings and gauge holder. The stethoscope not only serves for accurate reading of the blood pressure, it’s also an essential instrument for auscultations and other diagnostics.
This combination set also includes a pocket organizer with other necessary instruments, such as a penlight, bandage scissors, and four-color chart pen.
Available in four attractive colors, the kit comes with a convenient carry case, and is a great choice or gift for most medical students.
4. MDF Calibra Aneroid Premium Professional
- TRUSTED by Medical Providers since 1971 | Lifetime Calibration | Latex-Free | Adult Sized Cuff Included
- FAST & EASY to measure blood pressure in a medical setting, at home or on the road
- GAUGE: easy to read, extra-large high-contrast dial, stress-tested over 3,000 times, calibrated five times and...
MDF is one of the most popular medical instrument brands, and nurses looking for the best sphygmomanometer might like their Calibra model.
Stress-tested during the manufacturing process and having passed five independent calibrations, this is a highly reliable blood pressure measurement device. Guaranteed lifetime calibration and durable construction also ensure durability for at least a few years.
Ideal to use for nursing school practice but also as a diagnostic tool, this sphygmomanometer attains an accuracy of +-3 mmHg and features a high-contrast dial for easier reading.
The pressure gauge features a die-cast zinc housing finished with textured enamel. An outfitted heavy-duty clip allows you to attach the gauge to the holder on the cuff for both self-measurement and easier one-hand operation whenever needed.
Besides the heavy-duty gauge, the unit also comes with a high-quality screw-type valve that allows for controlled pressure release.
Both the inflation bulb and the cuff are made from latex-free PVC, a hypoallergenic material safe to use by hypersensitive people.
While some units may be defective, asking for a replacement is easy. All in all, this is a great alternative to our other picks if you’re looking for an affordable product.
5. White Coat Deluxe Aneroid Sphygmomanometer
- HIGH-QUALITY, PRECISION-CRAFTING: Our efficient aneroid sphygmomanometer brings you a lifetime of support with...
- QUICK, RELIABLE READINGS: Suitable for seniors, adults, and people with low vision, our meter is equipped with...
- ERGONOMIC PUMP BULB: Our ergonomic pumps offer a precise deflation control rate and are made of...
Another affordable sphygmomanometer for nurses comes from White Coat. It’s not the most durable out there, and the cuff might fall apart quicker than imagined, but it’s accurate, reliable, and well worth for the price.
Its biggest downside is the awkward design of the cuff that makes the Velcro closure open if it’s not positioned precisely on the arm. Under the inflating force, the closure tends to tear up, damaging the entire cuff.
However, all it takes is a bit of practice and cuff positioning know-how to avoid the issue and use this instrument successfully for a long time.
Apart from that, you can expect a reliable instrument. Calibration is accurate, and all materials that come in contact with the skin are hypoallergenic.
We also like that the sphygmomanometer comes with a penlight with batteries, as well as a convenient carrying case. Ideal for home care or travel nurses looking for a high-value yet cheap instrument.
6. ADC Diagnostix 700 Pocket Aneroid
- ACCURATE: Chrome-plated, precision-crafted 300mmHg manometer; exceeds ANSI/AAMI/ISO 81060-1 specifications for...
- FEATURE RICH: Luminescent dial and extended graduation marks for easy reading in all light conditions and from...
- OPTIMIZED: Adult nylon Adcuff with Size Guide marking system helps prevent miscuffing; fits limbs 9"-15.7"....
Nurses who don’t mind spending a buck for a more durable device might like the ADC Diagnostix 700. This sphygmomanometer is all about enhanced reliability and comes with a precision-crafted chrome-plated manometer that exceeds all industry standards for accuracy.
Available in several adult and child sizes, the unit boasts a durable nylon cuff with size guiding and usage instructions. A marking system helps prevent mis-cuffing that could lead to both inaccurate readings and shorter product life.
An ADFlow filter screen protects the bulb and valve, further enhancing the product’s lifespan. You can expect a 3-years warranty for all parts, as well as lifetime calibration guarantee.
We also like the luminescent dial that’s very easy to read in low light. The product is made from globally sourced components assembled in America, and every sphygmomanometer is rigorously tested for performance before being released on the market.
A higher-end alternative compared to the 768 model above, the Diagnostix 700 comes in various colors with at least two hue options per size.
7. Santamedical Deluxe Aneroid Sphygmomanometer
- FDA CLEARED - Santa medical Aneroid Sphygmomanometer is FDA Cleared
- QUALITY TESTED – Stress tested thousands of times
- QUICK AND EASY READINGS – Large high Contrast dial to for easy and quick readings
Santamedical Adult Deluxe could be the best sphygmomanometer for nurses on a really tight budget, as long as you don’t mind compromising.
The main disadvantage of this model is the ringed cuff. It’s designed for easier one-hand adjustment for self-blood pressure measuring, but the truth is that this design makes it really hard to place on the arm.
Needless to say, that’s extremely inconvenient, especially if you’re a nurse working in a fast-paced environment.
The same design issue also makes this unit inconvenient for nursing or medical students.
If you can deal with the cuff, though, you could be really happy with this choice. Despite its low price, the sphygmomanometer is made from high-quality materials. The Velcro closure of the cuff resists frequent use, while the inflation bag and bulb are made from flexible, latex-free synthetic rubber.
A precise gauge with clip and large digits on the dial also ensure accurate readings. With an attained accuracy of +-3 mmHg, this is an excellent choice for both home and professional use.
Furthermore, a large air-release valve allows you to control the air release for a controlled deflation rate.
The product comes in regular adult size, but it’s not the best choice for adults with slimmer, slender arms. That said, it’s an excellent choice for nurses working in care homes or slower paced wards.
8. Lightning X Aneroid Sphygmomanometer
- 100% Latex-Free Adult Large BP Cuff
- Nylon Cuff Includes Range Markings and Artery Placement Indicators
- Black Vinyl Carrying Pouch Included to Protect Gauge & Cuff
The Lightning X blood pressure monitor might not be the most performing out there, but it’s a great choice for students, beginners, or individuals who want to take their own blood pressure at home.
Competing in terms of performance with the more professional alternatives on this list, this aneroid sphygmomanometer will unlikely resist heavy-duty ward use. That said, this is still an excellent choice if you need a reliable instrument at an affordable price.
Coming in adult size, it’s made from completely latex-free materials. A calibrated numeric dial gauge replaces the traditional mercury column, aligning the unit to the latest safety standards. As you can expect, the product also meets all ANSI calibration standards, so you can rest assured you’ll get accurate readings.
The cuff is made from resistant nylon and has a Velcro closure. Range markings and artery placement indicators can help you prevent misplacement, and the fabric resists most cleaning and disinfecting agents.
While it doesn’t come with a stethoscope, it comes with a convenient carry case designed to protect the gauge from damage. It won’t last for a lifetime, but it’s affordable and accurate. No doubt, a great choice for starter EMTs, nurse kits, or health-conscious individuals.
9. Prestige Medical Aneroid Sphygmomanometer/Sprague-Rappaport Kit
- Aneroid sphygmomanometer / Sprague-Rappaport Stethoscope combination kit
- Aneroid Features: Latex free, nylon cuff, Index and Range Markings, artery indicator mark, owner ID label,...
- Matching 6"x9" nylon carry case
Prestige Medical is similar in terms of price and quality with the EMI NK-330 above, but it comes in a wider selection of colors.
The kit consists of a high-quality blood pressure cuff and a Sprague Rappaport stethoscope. It’s perfect for nursing or medical students, as well as established medical professionals. Its latex-free construction makes it ideal for all users, while the various adult and child sizes make it easy to find the right one for your patients.
A few highlights comprise index and range markings, artery indicator, as well as owner ID label and gauge holder on the cuff.
As you can expect from an aneroid sphygmomanometer in this price range, the unit comes with a standard inflation bulb and air release valve. However, you can easily adjust the deflation rate, and also benefit from lifetime calibration warranty.
Sphygmomanometer apart, the stethoscope is another high-value piece. Like all Sprague Rappaports, it has a convenient five-in-one design. It’s incredibly versatile and perfectly color-matched with the cuff.
The entire kit comes in a convenient carry pouch. Several colors and designs even let you express your personality. Undeniably a great choice for most medical professionals.
10. Primacare Professional Blood Pressure Kit
- 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘: Recent studies have...
- 𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐓: This manual blood pressure monitor kit comes with a blood...
- 𝐁𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐃 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘: The bp monitoring kit has a chrome-plated zinc alloy...
Last entry on our list, the Primacare DS-9181-RD, is another complete kit designed for nurses and other medical professionals. Like the Prestige Medical model above, it consists of a manual aneroid sphygmomanometer and Sprague Rappaport stethoscope.
Standard cuff size makes it suitable to use on most teens and adults, while the +-3 mmHg measurement accuracy is in-line with that of the best sphygmomanometers for nurses on the market.
Besides providing comfortable fitting, the cuff is also made from stain-resistant nylon, while the Velcro closure will undoubtedly hold up for a really long time.
The no-pin stop manometer has large digits and markings for easier reading. Furthermore, the air release valve is easy to turn using only one finger or your thumb.
Three color choices include bright red, blue, and black. Markings on the cuff and a gauge holder bring further value, and we also like that the kit packs in a convenient carrying bag.
Easy to use, accurate, and resistant, this sphygmomanometer is another great choice for nurses, health-conscious individuals, and students looking for a reliable device.